Monday, September 3, 2007

September 3, 2007 links

It's "the ol' Labor Dabor," so I've got free time on my hands. Speaking of which, check out the reasons behind the canceled New York City union parade (turning 125 years old this year): corruption and a desire for protesting instead of parading.

President Bush decided to celebrate by going to Anbar, Iraq. Looks like the troops are pleasantly surprised. He does love randomly popping in, doesn't he?

Speaking of Iraq, I saw this last night but didn't get a chance to read it. This link will help refute all your "realistic" friends who insist the Iraqis hate us and don't want to work with us.

And for all the stories you hear of disgruntled Iraq vets, there's two sides to every coin. The link also has a good point about all that anti-war protesting that never quite gets around to asking the families of the fallen how they feel about the protesters' "die-in."

The usual amnesia sets in as the Clintons are asked about their donors. And the nutroots apparently have amnesia too.

Paul Mirengoff has a good piece on Fred Thompson's campaign.

Yes, I know, Iowa stinks in this regard. I hope the Legislature rights this, as it is their Constitutional duty.

John Edwards is going to save us all... from skipping doctor visits! Trust me, Breck Girl, you don't want to pay for all my visits (ran up over $5,000 this July, and yes, I'm smart and insured). Even better was him stating two weeks ago that he didn't know if it'd be constitutional, but he'd support a national smoking ban in public places. (Sioux City Journal, registration required, but I thought I'd at least give you the chance to check my sources).

No comments:

Post a Comment