Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Dishwasher's Running, So I Got Out Of The Living Room

And went into here. No, I'm not watching the debate. I might catch a few liveblogs of it, but I can't stand live pandering, especially to Ponytail Guys (If you don't know, ask your parents. They'll roll their eyes appropriately, and if not, tell them that they should). I'll catch up with the soundbites later, but since our absentee ballots are already mailed, changing my mind isn't going to change anything at this point. Although I guess I could call ACORN and have them get me a new one. They're nice like that. It might be a problem if every office is shut down, though.... Hrmmm....
I knew I smelled an overly large rat this morning when I saw CNN cover the Obama-Ayers angle. Granted, Sarah Palin sort of held an AK-47 (yeah, I know it's a Photoshop, but to quote Dan Rather, it's "fake but accurate") to their heads about it, but the cynic in me said, "When has the media ever asked real questions about Obama?" Sometimes even I hate it when I'm right: The Obama campaign is now linking McCain to Iran-Contra, saying he helped finance "right-wing death squads." Does it surprise you that the AP got its story verbatim from the DailyKos? I wish it did, but I swear, most reporters have it or Democratic Underground as their first stop in the morning. I'm pretty sure Andrew Sullivan does. Anyhoo, the story's got a lot of holes, and since when do liberals care about terrorists? Oh, right, when they're trying to overthrow their beloved communism. Forgot about that part...
When I saw the now-infamous SNL skit online, I nearly busted a gut, especially with the George Soros impression of "Your wife is physically attractive. Sell her to me, please." If you know anything about Soros, you know he's basically trying to buy the election. No good deed goes unpunished, however, and now they're editing the online version so it doesn't offend real people with money who might hold sway over NBC. Heaven forbid the truth of the subprime mess might get out! Horrors!
Pooky's working the night shift tonight, which will be a pretty bad shock to his system. I'm sure it'll be rough on mine, too, when he calls me whenever they're done. The joy of strange hours, I guess. It sounds like he might get a break Thursday and Sunday, so that'll be nice. I just need him to come home so he can help kill all the creepy-crawlies that have suddenly decided to invade our house. Ick ick ick....

No comments:

Post a Comment